Friday, January 18, 2013

My Valentine

This is my entry for Wednesday's Sketch challenge over at The Outlawz.


The card base was cut on my Silhouette Cameo. I also cut an extra set of hearts on designer paper from my stash. I added the textured card stock behind the cut to complete the card. The valentine stamp is from Paper Inspirations and it was stamped and embossed in Azurite embossing powder from Stampendous. I distressed the edges of the card and popped and offset the designer paper hearts on top of the cut hearts. I added swirly bling along the edges to complete the sketch. The swirly bling was separated from a larger piece and was originally clear. I colored it with a Copic marker (bg09) to match the two round crystals that were already this color.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely choice of colour. Really like how you have the 3 hearts and a gem. Great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vertcail stamp and your colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome card, Susan! I saw it on The Outlawz and popped over here to have a better look. I have a Christmas stamp in the same style as your Valentine stamp and I really love how different they are. I also like that you used non-traditional colors for a Valentine card. Anyway, you did a wonderful job on it. Just had to tell you that. :)

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! I love that stamp with the vertical and sideways bits. I love the colors blue and white, and the fact that you colored the bling? Amazing! Hmmm, I just love the whole card! It's very classy, also. Nice work, as usual, your cards are eye candy. teehee

    ReplyDelete