Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Making a Friend

This is my entry for Friday's Copic/Promarker challenge over at the Outlawz. The challenge was Winter Wonderland this time.


This image is one of the new digis I purchased from Doodle Pantry called Snow Birdie. Isn't it adorable? I thought it was perfect for this challenge. The image is colored with Copic markers (B0000, B00, B02 for the bird's body, BV00, BV02, BV04, BV08 for the hats and scarf, and Y17 and YR23 for beak, feet and cheese nose). The snowman and snow were first done with Sakura's clear glitter pen, but I didn't like how gray/silver it looked, so I added Stickles Frosted Lace glitter glue on top. It still looks a bit too gray for me, but it was better. I created the sentiment on my Silhouette Cameo using Comic Sans font and dotted the "i's" and the exclamation point with crystals I colored using BV04 Copic marker. I then added the glitter and gem snowflakes from Jolee's Boutique. I layered the image on a tiny sliver of black and then designer paper from my stash (it was loose, so I have no idea who it's from) and then purple card stock base.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable and I love the color combo, Susan! Perfect use of Stickles on the snowman! I happen to think that Frosted Lace makes wonderful 'snow' on cards, and I think you just proved me correct. :-D

    ReplyDelete