Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bad Moon Rising

This is my entry for Saturday's Paper Ala Mode challenge over at the Outlawz. This week's challenge was Favorite Things.


One of my favorite things to do with my cards is sponging. That's what I did for this card. My husband is really into night photography and he recently took a picture of the moon from our backyard that looked a lot like this, so I wanted to try to recreate it using stamps. I used a piece of white glossy card stock and 3 ink pads (Night of Navy, Barely Banana and Rose Red) from Stampin' Up!.  Using a finger dauber, I started with the banana and placed a circle where I thought the moon would be stamped. I then used the rose red lightly in a few spots on the card. I knew when I went over it with the navy, it would turn purplish. The rest of the card was done with navy. I went lightly in some spots and then heavier in others to get the darker look in some places. I then stamped Cloud with Crescent Moon from Stampscapes (another one of my favorite things) over the entire sheet. Next, I stamped completely around the edges of the card with two different stamps (Oak Branch from Stampscapes and a sprig stamp from Gina K. Designs). I layered this on black, barely banana and then night of navy as the base.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you have created here. Those Stampscapes are fabulous - don't own any but love what you can do with them. Thanks for the details. You certainly have a winner here. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool looking! Bad Moon Rising is the perfect title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW susan! This is amazing! I wasn't sure at first if it was a photo or a painting or what... but you stamped and sponged it... I'm floored! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Susan! Incredible work with the ink daubers and stamps. Did you just use a regular black ink pad when you stamped all your images? This is so magnificent -- I wish it was coming to my house! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!...AWESOME!!...AMAZING!!...STUNNING!! I envy your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, gorjuss! Love this card! Am following you now.

    Visit me at : thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    Hugs chris B

    ReplyDelete