Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Billboard Birthday

This is my entry for this week's Sunday CAS challenge over at The Outlawz.


This challenge was to use something new. I used a new cut file I purchased from Silhouette's online store specifically for this card. This is for my step father's birthday. He spent his entire adult life working for outdoor advertising, so I was so excited when I found this cut file. I cut it first in black and then in gray. I took the gray pieces of the lights and cut the tops off and placed them on top of the black lights. I used the gray insert to place the sentiment on and distressed it. I also placed ink on the gray paper below the lights to give it the effect of being lit. The Happy Birthday sentiment is another new cut file, and the name is one I typed and cut. All billboards have the name of the company underneath them, so I used white and black alphabet stickers, which I distressed with gray ink, and placed his initials in the space. Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment