Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Autumn Vines

This is my entry for the Monday Greetings Card challenge over at The Outlawz.


I love the vintage look of this card. You may not believe this, but both the frame and the sentiment are rub-ons. I used vanilla card stock distressed with green and brown ink. The frame with vines was rubbed on first, and then the sentiment was rubbed on top of it. I didn't know if it would work or not, so I was pleasantly surprised that it did. I layered it on a sliver of black card stock and then green. Added some green pearls to finish it.

3 comments:

  1. Terrific card! I sure can't tell that you used rub-ons. I love these colours and CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please, rub-ons? NEVER would have guessed that at all. Wow, shocker there, and yet you make a beautiful card out of it.....something so pretty. I am amazed. You don't want to get me started on rub-ons.......ever see a grown woman act like a toddler having a tantrum? It "ain't" pretty. Nuff said. Bawhahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - CONGRATULATIONS on winning at Outlawz with this stunning card! Sure doesn't look like rub-ons, but I've used huge ones of the ocean on walls & people ask if I painted them (LOL) 'sure, with this hand?' Great job, Susan! Love the way you laid out your pearls on the bottom, too!

    ReplyDelete