Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Dancing in the Rain


Hello Everyone! I am so honored to be a Guest Designer this week for Inky Impressions. This is Challenge #200 and the theme for the challenge this week is special lady (mother's day, girlie birthday, etc.).


 I am using Umbrella Lili and the Dancing in the Rain sentiment for my card. I printed the focal image on white card stock and colored it using Copic markers (hair- Y15, Y19; umbrella, slicker and wellies - RV25, RV55 {used the tip-to-tip technique to get middle color and blend}; umbrella handle - Y28; skin - R000, R01; lips - R21; jeans, hairband and eyes - B41, B45). After coloring, I added Ranger's Glossy Accents to the umbrella, slicker and wellies to make them shine as if they were rubber. I also used it on the little puddle at the bottom. I used Spellbinder's Labels Ten die to cut the image out. While the die was still attached to the card stock, I used soft sky and bashful blue inks to distress it, leaving a white frame around it. I layered this on a light blue card stock that was also distressed with bashful blue ink. I really liked the way the distressing came out on the colored card stock. This was then layered onto a white card stock base. I pulled the sentiment into my Silhouette software and used a cut file called 5 Clouds (design #11654) to cut a cloud around it. The cloud was distressed with bashful blue ink and then popped up with foam dots. Finally, I added some epoxy raindrops from Creative Imagination to finish off the card. I have had these epoxy stickers for a very long time, so it's awesome to finally use them.

I really hope you will join the challenge this week! I am entering this card into he following challenges:


Thank you so much for visiting my blog! 

20 comments:

  1. Oh she is delightfully sweet, loving her boots! That sentiment has to be one of my favorites. Congrats on the Guest Designing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great sentiment for that darling image, Susan! Love the pink and blue combo and those rain drops. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan she is adorable in those wellies. Great colouring. Love the bright colours you chose her blonde hair and those fabulous raindrops. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Susan with perfect coloring and shading. Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation hun, thank you so much for joining us as Guest Designer this week
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so darn cute! Love the glossy bits...perfect. Love the background too. You colored her so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful spring inspired card! The image is cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and great image! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - love the image and the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being the guest designer...they are lucky to have you and you will bring them quite the fab cards. This girl is so pretty and you did such a great job on her. I'll have to remember that sweet sentiment and I have several rainy umbrella images I a, eager to use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love the colours and sentiment.Totally delightful card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next time.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan Thanks so much for stopping at my blog. That was a surprise. So glad you like my card. Congratulations on being a guest designer. Your card is just adorable. Love the sentiment and love the image she is darling in pink. Also I see you entered your card in Though the Craft Room Door so thanks for joining us in our challenge.
    Hugs, Pat/♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on Guest Designing! Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at MarkerPop! Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice card, ...now I´ve got this song in mind..."It´s raining again,....", lol.
    Thanks for joining us at EAC.
    Hugs, Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card Susan, a lovely design and colours......your image is delightful and I love your 'raindrops'!!! You've just reminded me I have some of those somewhere - if I could ever find them!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Everybody Art Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Spring Card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week at TTCRD. Please join us again tomorrow with Another Anything goes challenge. Visit me at ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete