Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pumpkin Carving Ants


Hello Friends! Here is another card using a truly spectacular image from Doodle Pantry called Pumpkin Carving Ants! Isn't it adorable? I love making Halloween cards, and I decided to "scare" this one up just a tiny bit, because the pumpkin and ants are too adorable for words. Just look at everything you get with this set:


To create this card, I pulled the PRECOLORED image into my Silhouette Designer software and traced the image to create a cut outline. I then used the print and cut feature. Because it was impossible to get all the items on the ground around the pumpkin, I left those out out. I then printed the sentiment on white card stock and used a punch by Stampin' Up! to punch the shape. I distressed the sentiment with Pumpkin Pie ink, also by Stampin' Up! and black ink around the edges to give it a little frame. To get the moon, I punched a 1" circle and used it as a mask and inked the moon with Barely Banana ink. I then took the cut circle and using removable tape, placed it over the moon and distressed the entire layer with Going Gray ink. The fence, tree and witch are all cut files from Silhouette's online store. I cut the fence with gray card stock and distressed it with black ink. I cut the tree with brown card stock and also distressed it with black ink and the witch was cut with black card stock. The bat is a small punch I have in my stash. The white card stock was attached to a black card stock base and all items were adhered to the card. This is a dimensional card, although the picture doesn't really show you that.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:





20 comments:

  1. Susan I love your Halloween card and I have to say I am feeling twinges of envy not having a Silhouette. I have a Cricut Expression, but find it lacking. Very expensive cartridges, so mine is more of a dust collector more than anything. Your layout for the card is wonderful as are all the other elements. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Susan! Such a great image. Love where you put the sentiment/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooktacular! Love the background and all the fun accents you used to showcase Pumpkin Carving Ants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours and those ants have been busy! Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, awesome and wonderful. I'm going to soooo case this one. I truly love love love this scene and the way the pumpkin is larger than proportion to really jump out at me. FAB!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Halloween scene! And those ant just fit right in! Sucha fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute Halloween Card. Thanks for joining us in the Drunken Stampers Lounge this week... I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute Halloween card, love all the different elements. Thanks for playing along with us at the Drunken Stampers for the die-cut challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the details on this card! The witch, the ants, the sentiment are just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, I love your Halloween card! Great placement of your sentiment up in the tree. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very cute. Thanks for joining at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, Your Halloween card is remarkable! That fence is Perfect!!!!So glad you joined us this week over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card, perfect for halloween!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my "seasons" word play saturday challenge at my creative moments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and perfect for our challenge.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. THIS is fun, fun, pumpkin perfectly spiced kind of fun! GREAT job! Thanks for joining the fun at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so cute, love the wonderful Halloween scene you created here, especially like that great looking spooky tree! A wonderful backdrop for the pumpkin ants image! Delightful card!!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhhhhhh great card!!! I love all things Halloween!! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers for the Die Cut challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susan, Such a wonderful card. Love the witch flying by on her broom and that spooky tree. Great colors. Now that I am back blogging a little more regular, I'll be visiting more of the craft friends I like to follow. Still trying to finish up my Hallows Eve creations for the kiddos who come a trick r treat. We don't get many but, they sure are cute and scary little munchkins. Have a Wonderful Fall and a Fun Halloween.
    http://ohmyscraps2u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Fairy tale.
    Hugs stine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous Halloween card, totally love the design!

    ReplyDelete