Saturday, February 9, 2013

Memory Lives on Forever

This is my entry for Tuesday's Color challenge over at The Outlawz. This week's colors were Pink, Tan and White, and the twist was to add stitching.


This was another really great color challenge. The card was cut on my Silhouette Cameo, using a free cut file from Monica's Creative Room. I made the cut using pink card stock, then added white card stock behind the front panel. I went back and removed everything except the large diamonds, and then cut those in tan card stock. I offset them slightly so you could see both the pink and white underneath. I then cut a 2" diamond in white, and stamped the sentiment using Close to Cocoa ink from Stampin' Up. All stamps are from Gina K. Design's Timeless Treasures set. I sponged ink around the diamond as well. I stamped the hourglass and book with glasses in black memento ink and colored with Copic markers. I added crystal effects for the glass in the hourglass and the eyeglasses. I used faux stitching around the tan diamonds, and along the top sides of the diamonds down the right. I used a pencil to mark the dots, but decided not to erase them when I was finished. I thought it make it look like the holes were still there. I then added square bling in both tan and pink.



2 comments:

  1. Aren't free cuts FUN! This is awesome~ Like your sign off :)

    Any chance of photos of your stamp space?? I love seeing other stamper's rooms...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever, love the design, and well done.

    ReplyDelete